This clean eating whole grain pasta with sweet pepper ragout and greek cheese is a welcome variation of our beloved Spaghetti with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
And I can guarantee that it tastes at least as yummy! The butterfly-shaped whole grain pasta together with the colorful sweet pepper ragout makes this healthy dish look like appealing even for kids.
By the way, I’ve bought this fiber-rich whole grain tie-bow pasta at Aldi, just in case you wonder…Print
Whole Grain Pasta with Sweet Pepper Ragout and Greek Cheese
a delicious vegetarian whole-grain pasta recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- 250g whole grain pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, medium cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, medium cubes
- 1 can hacked tomatoes
- 2 onions, medium cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pepper, salt
- 200g Feta cheese in cubes
- Cook whole grain pasta according to the package instructions. In the meantime, fry onions and garlic in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat (two minutes).
- Add pepper, tomatoes, herbs and seasoning, cover and let it simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange it on deep plates on a base of whole grain pasta. Sprinkle Feta cheese cubes over the dish.
- Garnish it with some arugula leaves!
- Instead of whole grain pasta, a simple quinoa side dish works too.
- Serving Size: 2
If you need a vegan version of this meal just leave out the Feta cheese. As protein-rich addition, you can sprinkle some nutritional yeast over your dish. Enjoy!
OTHER WHOLE GRAIN RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY