Last Updated on January 6, 2019
A broccoli cashew salad recipe with raw broccoli? No, thank you…not for me! There are many vegetables that I love to eat as raw food, but until now, these green florets were not among them. Like most people, I always preferred blanched broccoli to the raw version.
The taste experience with this salad recipe changed my mind forever and it might change yours too.
No need to switch on your stove, you'll just have to plan enough time, to let the broccoli soak up its creamy dressing.
I recommend preparing this vitamin bomb the day before you need it. The salad not only gets a wonderful bright green color, but it also loses its “cabaggey taste” many people dislike.
This nutrient dense salad works as a side dish, but even better, it is a perfect main meal you can take with you for work.
perfect for parties and barbecues
This clean and raw broccoli salad recipe is by the way also a great idea for a healthy party salad you can serve or bring with you. Just make sure to double ingredients.
Hint: You can store the clean eating salad in your fridge for even one more day.
How to store fresh broccoli
To protect its valuable nutrients it is best to eat the cruciferous vegetable immediately. You can store fresh broccoli in the crisp drawer of your fridge for up to 1-2 days, ideally packed in a plastic wrap.
Impressing health benefits of broccoli
Broccoli is another healthy member of the cabbage family. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
What is more, this amazong veggie stimulates the organism to produce a cancer-fighting substance, called I3C (Indol-3-Carbinol).
In a study published in the Cancer Prevention Research – the scientists discovered that I3C has also the ability to fight cancer among other health benefits. The research was focused on breast cancer cells, but according to the scientists, it is very likely that this substance can prevent also other cancer types and even other diseases like e.g. Alzheimer.
Ok…let's come back to the recipe.Print
Raw broccoli cashew salad with red peppers
a delicious vitamin bomb
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 720
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped in small florets
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 medium red pepper cut in stripes
- 50 g cashews or hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoons honey (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Put broccoli florets, pepper stripes, and feta cheese cubes in a bowl.
- For the dressing, combine rapeseed oil, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt & pepper in an empty, small jam jar and shake.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
- Let it sit in your fridge overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cashews and mix gently again.
- Tip: With roasted nuts, it tastes even better.
- for a vegan version just replace the feta with additional cashews
- Serving Size: 6
OTHER BROCCOLI RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Now it's your turn!
Try this clean recipe and let me know how you like it the comment section below. Do you have a favorite clean broccoli salad recipe? I would be thrilled if you could share it with us below!