This mango salad recipe is pretty exciting because it’s simple and as good for you as it is delicious.
Do you need again a quick clean eating salad with just a few ingredients? But this time it should be something special? I know, Easter is just around the corner once again, which means lots of chocolate and yummy Easter treats!
My tip: Try this mango salad as a starter and fuel your body with a lean and healthy salad. That way you are almost satiated when the main course arrives, let alone the dessert;). A smart approach to save on some Easter holiday calories. On top of that you bring for sure some color and and fun to your Easter table!
Of course this salad is also perfect if you just have a ripe mango sitting in your pantry waiting to be used as soon as possible.
Lean & Healthy Salad Idea
With a portion of this glorious sweet and sour mango salad you immediately get your vitamin C supply for the day. Both mangos and red peppers are vitamin C power houses. Together with the lemon juice in the mango salad dressing you have a real vitamin C bomb at hand.
Checkout the mango salad recipe now!
I’ve simplified the recipe as much as possible – no need to add any herbs as I feel the 3 main ingredients work for themselves. The textures and flavors in this mango salad recipe are perfectly balanced.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large cucumber, half peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Add mango, cucumber and red pepper cubes.
- Gently mix to combine.
- Serve cold.
- Enjoy this mango salad that will make you look and feel great.
- Tip: Refrigerate in an airtight glass container for up to 2 days.
I love this dish also by itself for a snack and you could easily create a main dish of it.
Check my inspirations below.
3 Mango salad recipe variations
- Replace cucumber with avocados to get a filling summer lunch.
- If you want to have another filling main dish just add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the mango salad recipe.
- If you just have a ripe mango and cabbage in your pantry then slice the cabbage thinly and create a refreshing cabbage slaw with the mango cubes and dressing.
Check out my Ecourse!
Always busy? And yet you want to eat healthy and manage your weight without spending too much time in your kitchen. My 52 Chef Habits Ecourse helps you create sustainable clean eating habits – you will even drop some pounds if you want – without investing hours in your kitchen. Click here to learn more!