This clean eating vegetable stir-fry with eggs and cheese is a super easy dish that can even work as a hearty breakfast.
I made it in my new white, ceramic pan. It is non-toxic and non-scratch, on top the white ceramic let my dishes look even more colorful and friendly than in my dark pans. I have to admit that the pan you see in the pic below is now my favorite pan since I own it I never touched my Teflon pans any more…
I even convinced my mother in law to replace her old uneven Teflon pans with ceramic pans, believe me, convincing her to give up her pans with a long family tradition was not easy…but you should hear her raving now about ceramic pans!
OK, enough about ceramic cookware…back to the clean nutrient-dense veggie pan with eggs and cheese:Print
Clean eating Veggie Pan with Eggs and Cheese
a quick and easy egg dish
- Prep Time: 600
- Cook Time: 600
- Total Time: 20 hours
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 fennel (eggplants work too)
- 2 peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices cheese (e.g. Gouda)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, salt
- Some thyme (fresh or dried)
- Cut all vegetables in small pieces.
- Fry in a large pan in olive oil – firm to bite.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- “Dig” four holes in the vegetables and carefully put a raw egg in each hole.
- Cover each hole with a slice of cheese.
- Cover pan with a lid and let the eggs set.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2
This is a great clean eating recipe to use up all of your vegetables sitting in your pantry. Serve this vegetable stir-fry with a slice of whole-grain bread!