Clean Eating Vegetable Stock Concentrate
A better alternative to store-bought stock cubes
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 80 1x
- Category: Seasoning
- Method: boiling
- Cuisine: German
- Diet: Vegan
- 200 grams celeriac (celery root), roughly chopped
- 5 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato in halves
- 200 grams zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 6 sprigs of fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary etc.)
- 1 bay leaf
- 30 grams water
- 120 grams sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the vegetables and herbs into a mixing bowl and chop until you get a fine puree.
- Add salt, oil, and water and mix again.
- Transfer to a large pan.
- Cook over very low heat for 40 minutes, uncovered until the liquid evaporates.
- Stir frequently to avoid the bottom catching and burning.
- Let it cool down.
- Transfer mixture into jars or containers and close firmly.
- To use: For a vegetable broth you use one teaspoon vegetable stock paste
- (= 1 cube) per 1/2 liter of water.
Keywords: vegetable stock paste, veggie broth