Red cabbage stir fry with dried tomatoes and edamame
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- 250 grams brown rice, cooked
- 250 grams red cabbage, thinly grated
- 200 grams shelled edamame (frozen)
- 2 white onions, dices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 grams dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon hacked fresh basil or dried basil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (e.g. Tamari)
- salt and red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté onions for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and fry for 5 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and turmeric and fry for another minute.
- Add cooked rice and frozen edamame, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add dried tomatoes, oregano, soy sauce, and chopped basil.
- Stir-fry for another 2 minutes
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. (optional)
- Tip: Don’t go overboard with the salt as the dried tomatoes are usually salty.
- For an Asian touch sprinkle with some sesame oil and sesame seeds at the end of cooking.
- Instead of edamame, you could also use 100 grams of frozen split peas which you add together with the cooked brown rice.