Vegan broccoli soup with green peas, cauliflower and spinach
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 3 1x
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 200 gr. frozen peas
- 200 gr. broccoli florets and stalks cut in pieces
- 100 gr. cauliflower
- 10 spinach pellets (or 500 gr. fresh spinach)
- 150 ml of coconut milk
- 1 tsp black cumin/black seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 5–6 fresh basil sprigs for garnish (divided)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour vegetable broth in a pot or large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach pellets. (for fresh spinach see below)
- Bring to a boil again then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen green peas, bring to a boil again, then simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender, add 3 basil sprigs, and lime juice.
- If you use fresh spinach you could add it now too.
- Puree the soup until very smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts, toasted black seeds, coconut milk and basil
- Thin out with more water if the soup is too thick
- If it’s too thin add some nutritional yeast
- Instead of basil sprigs you could also use mint sprigs
- Lemon juice works of course too if you don’t have lime
- Instead of coconut milk and or green peas you could also use cashew cream or raw cashews
- Vegetarians can replace coconut milk with sour cream