steamed salmon with quinoa spinach
Ingredients for Quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil or canola oil
- 500 g fresh spinach
- 5 oz. (150 ml) vegetable broth
- 100 g quinoa
Ingredients for Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp. fine ground organic lemon peel
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- ⅛ l dry white wine
- A pot with a steamer basket or a wok with a steamer rack
Instructions for Quinoa
- Fry garlic in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat (1 minute).
- Wash quinoa thoroughly with hot water, add it to the pot and fill it up with broth.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash spinach and add it to the pot.
- Let it simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
Instructions for Salmon
- While the quinoa is cooking, in the meantime thoroughly rinse the salmon in cold water and pat dry.
- Mix lemon peel, ½ tsp. salt and a dash of pepper with olive oil. Rub the salmon with this marinade.
- Place fish fillets in a steamer rack/basket.
- Bring wine with 4 oz (125 ml) of water to a boil using a wok or pot for the steamer basket. Insert the steamer basket/rack and let it steam covered at medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Test the fish for doneness.
- Arrange salmon and quinoa spinach on a plate. Enjoy!