Zucchini potato bake recipe
a garlicky vegetarian dish, perfect also for potato leftovers
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50
- 4 small zucchinis
- 8 medium potatoes
- 400 ml sour cream
- 4 tablespoon grated low-fat cheese (e.g. Gouda)
- 4 small garlic cloves
- salt, cayenne pepper
- Cook potatoes in the skin and peel them. (I speed up cooking time with my a pressure cooker)
- Wash zucchini and remove shaft and flower.
- Now cut potatoes and zucchini in 1/2 cm slices, layer them in a casserole form, alternately imbricate.
- Season the vegetables with some salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pour sour cream in a small bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Peel the garlic cloves, force them through a garlic press and mix the crushed garlic with the liquid.
- Now pour the sauce over your vegetables.
- At last, sprinkle the ground cheese on the top.
- Bake the zucchini potato casserole in a preheated oven at 190°C /374°F approx. 30 minutes.
- When ready, the cheese should look golden yellow.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To save on fat, I use only 200 ml sour cream and replace the other 200ml with low-fat milk.