Here comes a super easy Clean Eating Salad in Mason Jar Recipe. If you love Greek cheese, then you will love this meal too.
- • 5 quart size wide mouth mason jars
- • 10 tablespoons Greek vinaigrette (see below)
- • 5 yellow peppers sliced
- • 3 cucumbers, pealed and sliced
- • 5 onions cut into rounds
- • 1 quart cherry tomatoes
- • 4 ounces Greek cheese
- • 5 cups lettuce salad
- Easy Greek Vinaigrette
- (will make enough for 4-5 mason jars)
- • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- • 3 garlic cloves, minced
- • Good pinch of low sodium salt
- • freshly ground pepper, to taste
- • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Toss all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Layer each mason jar with the ingredients beginning with dressing then adding peppers, cucumber, onions, tomatoes, Greek cheese, finishing with lettuce leaves. Keep them cool in your fridge. Just grab it when you need it.
- Give the salad a shake and arrange it on a plate.
- I recommend to pack the layers tightly without much air in between.
- That way your salad remains longer fresh.
So…I’m rather late to this party.
Unfortunately most German households are flooded with plastic food storage containers from Tupperware…
Why I love Clean Eating Salad in Mason Jar
In the meanwhile I’m a big fan of mason jar salads – and I wished I knew this concept many years ago when I was still commuting to work…
Did you know that there exist even practical Lunch Bags for Mason Jars? I spotted some times ago Jars to Go Lunch Totes on Etsy.
My lunches then where processed canteen food or fast food salads with artificial dressings…
I know that many of you have full time jobs, kids and are commuting. In this context maintaing a clean eating lifestyle is a special challenge.
I started researching clean and convenient homemade lunch box solutions…until I finally found the in my opinion best solution for commuters.
There are many reasons why I give clean eating salads in mason jar a raving review.
Check them out here: I’ve explained the reason in my mason jar salad challenge – week #30.
What is your favorite clean eating salad mason jar recipe?
Share you best salad in a jar recipe with us in the comment section below. I’m looking forward to your inspirations:)