Pan seared shrimp with honey garlic sauce, broccoli and grains
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- 3/4 pound/ 340 grams uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- cooked grains (to serve) brown rice or other grains
- (I used freekeh, see photo)
- steamed broccoli to serve
- In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, honey, water, chili flakes, and garlic together. Set aside.
- Use a medium bowl and add olive oil + shrimp.
- Toss to coat and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place the seafood into the skillet in a single layer and cook the shrimp 1-2 minutes on each side. (It will turn pink and be still a bit transluscent in the center.)
- Add soy honey garlic sauce and let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes more, until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove the seafood from skillet to not overcook.
- Reduce the sauce a bit to thicken but keep an eye on it as the sauce is easy to burn.
- Arrange the shrimp on 2 plates each with the honey garlic sauce over grains and broccoli.
- You can serve this seafood dish with any whole grain: brown rice, millet or even with the pseudo grain quinoa for an extra protein rich meal. I used freekeh a spelt like grain with a smoky taste.