Spinach artichoke pasta
A fiber rich one pot pasta
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 7
- Cook Time: 13
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 jar/can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz/250 grams whole grain spaghetti (or lentil pasta)
- 1/2 liter vegetable broth
- 2 hand full of baby spinach or 8 oz/250 gr. frozen spinach pellets
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- Fry the garlic in a large pan in some water until transluscent for about 2 minutes..
- Then add the drained artichokes with the spices (black pepper, red chili flakes, nutritional yeast).
- Mix everything well and sautee for 1-2 minutes.
- Push the artichokes to the side of the pan.
- Now add the spaghetti across the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the vegetable broth (until everything is covered, you might need a little more broth).
- Bring it to the boil.
- Now let everything simmer at medium-low as long as it says on the spaghetti package.
- While it is cooking, stir repeatedly until everything is well incorporated.
- At the end of the cooking time add the remaining ingredients (spinach, almond paste, lemon juice) and season to taste.
- Stir well until everything is well combined and the spinach has wilted.
Tip: If you are using frozen spinach pellets make sure to defrost them in your micro wave before you add them to the one pot meal in the last step.