Easy spinach artichoke dip recipe
A delicious, plant-based dip
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 100 grams cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
- 120 grams (1/2 BPA-free can) of (white) beans, rinsed and drained (you can use the remaining beans as a protein-rich salad topping)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 16 oz. /450 grams frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 jar (12 oz. / 340 grams) of artichokes hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- Mix (white) beans in a blender or food processor together with the cashews, the nutritional yeast, and the lemon juice.
- Put aside.
- Sauté the onion in some water over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic for a minute.
- In the next step add the thawed spinach and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the artichokes and add the white bean cashew mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, (optional) and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers or whole grain bread either warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- You can also use 4 cups of leafy green, fresh spinach instead.
- Variation for vegetarians: Replace beans and nutritional yeast with some sour cream. Even sweet potatoes work.
Keywords: vegan dip, artichokes, spinach