Strawberry chia seed jam recipe
- Author: Gabi Rupp
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 8 1x
- 7 oz (200 g) fruits (I used frozen strawberries)
- 1,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp clean sugar alternatives (I prefer date syrup or honey)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Puree Fruits
- Cook up fruits in a small pot (I used my Thermomix).
- Pour hot fruit puree into a glass jar (wash jar before with hot water).
- Let it cool down. (This is an important step. To preserve the nutrients of chia seeds and e.g. honey or maple syrup it is essential to add them to the mixture only when it is cooled down.).
- Stir in chia seeds, honey or date syrup, and lemon juice.
- Then screw on the lid.
- Let it soak in your fridge for at least 2 hours better overnight.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Try it out on whole grain bread, rice crackers, pancakes, or drop some onto plain yogurt or frozen banana ice cream for a burst of fresh flavor.
- Tip: If the jam is not thick enough you can easily add some chia seeds and let it soak again for some hours.