Another Clean Eating Recipe with Video
Today I present to you a yummy clean eating Bolognese sauce recipe. It is not only delicious for vegans and vegetarians but for all of us who want to further limit our red meat consumption and switch to healthier fats.
Special thanks to my friend Eva who tried this bolognese sauce before. She inspired me that this recipe would be a prefect fit for my cooking videos.
If you are like me and have always nuts at home but seldom meat, then this recipe comes really handy.
- 150 grams nuts, hacked
- 1 large onion, hacked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 grams tomato cubes (fresh or in cans)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon oregano (dry or fresh, hacked)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Basil Leaves
- Roast hacked nuts in a pan for 1-2 minutes
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot
- Add onion cubes, garlic and let it steam for 2 minutes
- Add roasted nuts, oregano and tomato cubes, cover
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes at medium heat (stir in between occasionally)
- Add tomato paste
- Taste with salt and cayenne pepper, cover
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes at medium heat
- Serve with Spaghetti or other Pasta (ideally Wholegrain)
- Garnish with a basil leave (optional)
- I love to use whole grain butterfly pasta I buy at Aldi
Don’t go overboard with this nut bolognese!
This clean eating bolognese sauce recipe comes with a high satiation effect but it is of course not “light”. Yes, nut’s fat is healthy fat and yet our hips don’t differentiate between unhealthy and healthy fats.
Too much is too much!
So, if you are watching your weight you better stick to one meal portion and eat e.g. a green salad as starter;)
How to make Bolognese Sauce Recipe with Nuts – Quick and Easy (Video)
Check out my video where I show step by step how to make this nut bolognese sauce, quick and easy. I apologize in advance for the
“foggy” sight, but my range hood was blocked by my tripod stand fixing my video camera;)
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel if you haven’t yet!
How do you like this bolognese sauce recipe with nuts?
Let me know how you like it in the comment section below or add your individual tip!