If you love pears then I’m sure that you will enjoy this clean eating pear salad with walnuts. Although I often integrate apples in many of my meals, I used to eat pears only as fruit snack. With this clean eating pear salad recipe however everything changed…
This winter salad is a great starter for no matter what occasion. It is simple enough to be included in your weekday meals. On the other hand it is refined enough to be offered on special occasions or if you have guests.
A nice side effect with this salad is that it combines fruits, nuts and veggies in an elegant way. Increasing your fruit and vegetable consumption couldn’t be easier.
- 2 pears sliced
- 2 handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Add walnuts and stir for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add maple syrup, coconut oil and salt. Toss to coat the walnuts.
- Spread the spinach on 4 salad plates, add the pear, sprinkle over the lemon juice.
- Garnish with the walnuts and the coconut oil mixture.
- This salad works perfectly alone but also in combination with feta, fish or chicken
How healthy are pears?
Although they taste so adorably sweet, pears are also suitable for you if you are weight-conscious.
It is true that there are fruits with less calories, but pears are rich in fibers and potassium. They are especially easy to digest and are therefore extremely stomach friendly foods that even babies and sick persons can tolerate very well.
How do you like the clean eating pear salad?
So don’t wait and try this clean eating pear salad with walnuts as soon as possible.
…And don’t forget to tell me how you liked it in the comment section below!
If you want to get more inspirations on clean eating salads make sure to follow my “healthy salads” board on Pinterest where I curate the best clean salad ideas around the world with a special focus on quick and easy.