The here presented clean eating raspberry muffins let you indulge wisely without feeling guilty.
I’ll be honest… I’ve never planned to publish any muffin or cake recipes on leanjumpstart.com. Most yummy muffin recipes I know are real sugar, starches and fat bombs…
The following clean eating raspberry muffins however are different and support perfectly my 80/20 clean eating approach.
No starches, no sugar, just a bit of honey or maple syrup make this recipe a winner not only for people who are sensitive to sugar and starches.
Most fat is healthy fat from almonds combined with a bit of coconut oil. And still in the context of weight loss – fat is fat – so please don’t go overboard with them!
Bring clean eating raspberry muffins with you
Is the next party around the corner and you have no idea how to survive it without gaining weight? Offer instead to bring muffins with you as a good will gesture. Your homemade clean eating raspberry muffins make sure that you can have a healthy treat too.
- 10.5 oz./300 gram almond meal
- 2 teaspoons (gluten-free) baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz./200 gram raspberries
- 4 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil
- some ginger grated
- Mix almond meal and baking powder in a large bowl
- Add oil, eggs, ginger and honey or maple syrup
- Fold in the raspberries last
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins
- Preheat Oven to to 350 F/180 °C
- Bake until golden and cooked (ca. 35 minutes)
- Additional Tip: You may also use frozen raspberries, but make sure to thaw them one hour before to remove excess water.
Why I don’t use baking soda
The cleaner leavening agent for this recipe would be baking soda. But luckily as a 80/20 percent clean eater I don’t need to complicate things. Baking soda will cause the muffin batter fail to rise and to taste bitter. It is better used for cookies.
Worth the Time Investment
Usually the clean eating recipes on leanjumpstart.com are ready within 30 minutes or less to save you as much time as possible.
This time limit seldom works with muffins or cakes that have to be baken. But I promise you the preparation is quite easy and the bit of extra baking time is really worth it.
Yummy blueberry variation
A yummy variation is to replace the raspberries for blueberries and spice it up with cinnamon instead of ginger.
Clean Eating Treats: Integral part of 52 Chef Habits
Did you know that an integral part of my 52 Chef Habits Ecourse are smart strategies to indulge wisely, featuring yummy clean eating recipes for the sweet tooth that are quick and easy. Click here to learn more!